Apr 8, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
The Brewers just announced that Narveson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left middle finger. The injury caused him to be unavailable yesterday against the Diamondbacks, which led to John Axford giving up a go-ahead two-run homer to Eric Hinske after he stayed on for a second inning of relief.
No word yet on the corresponding roster move, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com hears that it will be a position player. And that’s much-needed after the Brewers were forced to have Lohse pinch-hit with the game on the line yesterday.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)