Apr 8, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
The Brewers just announced that Narveson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left middle finger. The injury caused him to be unavailable yesterday against the Diamondbacks, which led to John Axford giving up a go-ahead two-run homer to Eric Hinske after he stayed on for a second inning of relief.
No word yet on the corresponding roster move, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com hears that it will be a position player. And that’s much-needed after the Brewers were forced to have Lohse pinch-hit with the game on the line yesterday.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)