Apr 8, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Narveson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left middle finger. The injury caused him to be unavailable yesterday against the Diamondbacks, which led to John Axford giving up a go-ahead two-run homer to Eric Hinske after he stayed on for a second inning of relief.
No word yet on the corresponding roster move, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com hears that it will be a position player. And that’s much-needed after the Brewers were forced to have Lohse pinch-hit with the game on the line yesterday.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)