Apr 8, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Narveson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left middle finger. The injury caused him to be unavailable yesterday against the Diamondbacks, which led to John Axford giving up a go-ahead two-run homer to Eric Hinske after he stayed on for a second inning of relief.
No word yet on the corresponding roster move, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com hears that it will be a position player. And that’s much-needed after the Brewers were forced to have Lohse pinch-hit with the game on the line yesterday.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)