Apr 8, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Narveson was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained left middle finger. The injury caused him to be unavailable yesterday against the Diamondbacks, which led to John Axford giving up a go-ahead two-run homer to Eric Hinske after he stayed on for a second inning of relief.
No word yet on the corresponding roster move, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com hears that it will be a position player. And that’s much-needed after the Brewers were forced to have Lohse pinch-hit with the game on the line yesterday.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)