Apr 8, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp is off to a great start, hitting .333 with three homers and five doubles in seven games. Crisp isn’t exactly known as a slugger and our own D.J. Short passes along this crazy stat that puts his power binge in context:
During the first half of last season Crisp played 60 games and came to the plate 247 times, and he totaled … three homers and five doubles.
Or, put another way, if Crisp goes homer-less and double-less for the next 53 games and 214 plate appearances he’d match his exact totals from the first half of last season. Personally, I think he should try to do it. Probably wouldn’t even be that hard, except for the part about convincing manager Bob Melvin not to bench him.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)