Apr 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a lower back injury, David Freese will be activated before this afternoon’s Cardinals home opener against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that Freese finished a brief minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Triple-A by going 3-for-5 while playing all nine innings defensively. So he’s ready to go.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 33
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)