Apr 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a lower back injury, David Freese will be activated before this afternoon’s Cardinals home opener against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that Freese finished a brief minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Triple-A by going 3-for-5 while playing all nine innings defensively. So he’s ready to go.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)