HBT Weekend Wrap

Apr 8, 2013, 8:24 AM EDT

Wrap

There’s a lot that goes on during the weekend of a baseball season. And a lot of you, for reasons that must make some sort of sense, but like, whatever, choose to only read HBT during the week while you’re at work. I guess that’s OK. I’m sure your family is nice. But you really are missing out.

In case you decided to live your life this weekend rather than read HardballTalk, here’s some of what went down:

Alright, Edge. Play the blues.

1. chacochicken - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM

That post pic combines three of my favorite things, sandwiches, auto-erotic asphyxiation, and Bruce Campbell. Perfectly timed for the remake of Evil Dead. Wait, was that a storyboard drawing from the original? Run Ash, that hand’s gonna go bad.

• chacochicken - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

On a serious note, what was the deal with the Ryan Braun on deck decoy ploy? What was that going to do? Trick them into a pitching change?

• Craig Calcaterra - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I wish I could give this comment 500 thumbs-ups.

• Francisco (FC) - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Tell your masters at NBC to make it happen. While you’re at it, ask to give commentators EDIT functions!

• number42is1 - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

but you said that you have NEVER used the thumbs up/down before….

• Craig Calcaterra - Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I never have. But if I could give 500, I’d make an exception.

• moogro - Apr 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

The password is Joshua.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Of all the movies to remake, that particular one is nothing short of sacrilege. If I were Bruce Campbell, i’m readying the chainsaw, the boom stick, and the true Necronomicon.

And who doesn’t love sandwiches and David Carradine?

• jwbiii - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Grooooovy!

• unclemosesgreen - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Part of me wants you to get help, but the rest of me is hooked on your lunatic takes. It’s like Sophie’s Choice.

• chacochicken - Apr 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Real craziness is sincere and I, for better or worse, lack any shred of sincerity. On the other hand I think you may have tangentially compared me to the Nazis?

• unclemosesgreen - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

In this particular metaphor, technically, the mental health establishment would sit in for the Nazis and I am in Sophie’s shoes, attempting to choose between your putative well-being and my continued entertainment.

• unclemosesgreen - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Plus the first time I saw your handle I ended up on a long Wikipedia joyride that ended in “Kuru.” So that’s obviously awesome.

• chacochicken - Apr 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Since I’m mostly harmless, I’d prefer to stay out of the mental health system as long as possible. I guess it has been 25 years since I’ve seen that movie. I’ve used that screen-name in lots of places and it always seems to welcome curiosity.

2. eagles512 - Apr 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Craig harps on one Phillies game being slightly below 40,000 people. Or as they call it in Atlanta, a playoff crowd.

3. proudlycanadian - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

What is with that picture? Couldn’t you find one with the same product being championed by John Travolta in Grease?

4. scoobies05 - Apr 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Craig….thats an AWESOME Rattle and Hum reference. Keep up the great work and Go Oriole!

5. transam7816 - Apr 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The dad from modern family.

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3554)