Apr 8, 2013, 8:40 PM EST
Jason Motte was forced to begin the season on the disabled list with a right elbow strain, but he’s hoping to close games for the Cardinals again soon.
Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Motte is scheduled to visit Dr. George Paletta tomorrow for a follow-up MRI on his elbow. While he has been limited to arm exercises since he first complained of symptoms following a Grapefruit League appearance on March 21, he could be cleared to ramp things up if improvement is found.
“Tomorrow, we’ll be able to compare where we were to where we are,” Motte said before Monday’s home opener. “From there, we’ll move forward with what they’ll let me do or not do. If they say everything looks fine, we’ll move on from there. It just depends on what they say I need or don’t need.”
Mitchell Boggs is serving as the Cardinals’ closer with Motte sidelined. After he allowed one run in four innings over his first four appearances this season, he was touched up for seven runs (six earned) on two hits, four walks (two intentional) and a wild pitch today against the Reds. The Cardinals’ defense didn’t help matters, but…ouch.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)