Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As bad as things looked for John Lackey when he exited Saturday’s game with his right arm dangling, an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
According to manager John Farrell he’s been diagnosed with merely biceps inflammation and for now at least Lackey remains on the active roster, although a trip to the disabled list hasn’t been ruled out.
Boston won’t need a fifth starter again until Sunday, so a decision on Lackey could wait until the weekend, but given his history and how much pain he appeared to be in at the time giving him a couple weeks off to be safe sounds like a decent plan.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)