Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As bad as things looked for John Lackey when he exited Saturday’s game with his right arm dangling, an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
According to manager John Farrell he’s been diagnosed with merely biceps inflammation and for now at least Lackey remains on the active roster, although a trip to the disabled list hasn’t been ruled out.
Boston won’t need a fifth starter again until Sunday, so a decision on Lackey could wait until the weekend, but given his history and how much pain he appeared to be in at the time giving him a couple weeks off to be safe sounds like a decent plan.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)