Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As bad as things looked for John Lackey when he exited Saturday’s game with his right arm dangling, an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
According to manager John Farrell he’s been diagnosed with merely biceps inflammation and for now at least Lackey remains on the active roster, although a trip to the disabled list hasn’t been ruled out.
Boston won’t need a fifth starter again until Sunday, so a decision on Lackey could wait until the weekend, but given his history and how much pain he appeared to be in at the time giving him a couple weeks off to be safe sounds like a decent plan.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 60
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 48
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)