Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
As bad as things looked for John Lackey when he exited Saturday’s game with his right arm dangling, an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
According to manager John Farrell he’s been diagnosed with merely biceps inflammation and for now at least Lackey remains on the active roster, although a trip to the disabled list hasn’t been ruled out.
Boston won’t need a fifth starter again until Sunday, so a decision on Lackey could wait until the weekend, but given his history and how much pain he appeared to be in at the time giving him a couple weeks off to be safe sounds like a decent plan.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (123)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)