Apr 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
As bad as things looked for John Lackey when he exited Saturday’s game with his right arm dangling, an MRI exam revealed no structural damage.
According to manager John Farrell he’s been diagnosed with merely biceps inflammation and for now at least Lackey remains on the active roster, although a trip to the disabled list hasn’t been ruled out.
Boston won’t need a fifth starter again until Sunday, so a decision on Lackey could wait until the weekend, but given his history and how much pain he appeared to be in at the time giving him a couple weeks off to be safe sounds like a decent plan.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)