Apr 8, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
After sitting out three games with a neck injury Ryan Braun is in the Brewers’ lineup today, batting third and playing left field.
In the 11th inning of yesterday’s loss to the Diamondbacks it looked like Braun would pinch-hit with two outs, but then manager Ron Roenicke called him back sent up pitcher and career .152 hitter Kyle Lohse to make the game-ending out.
Considering that turn of events it seemed like Braun must have been in pretty rough shape, yet less than 24 hours later he’s apparently good to go.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)