Apr 8, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
After sitting out three games with a neck injury Ryan Braun is in the Brewers’ lineup today, batting third and playing left field.
In the 11th inning of yesterday’s loss to the Diamondbacks it looked like Braun would pinch-hit with two outs, but then manager Ron Roenicke called him back sent up pitcher and career .152 hitter Kyle Lohse to make the game-ending out.
Considering that turn of events it seemed like Braun must have been in pretty rough shape, yet less than 24 hours later he’s apparently good to go.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 17
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 86
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)