Apr 8, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
After sitting out three games with a neck injury Ryan Braun is in the Brewers’ lineup today, batting third and playing left field.
In the 11th inning of yesterday’s loss to the Diamondbacks it looked like Braun would pinch-hit with two outs, but then manager Ron Roenicke called him back sent up pitcher and career .152 hitter Kyle Lohse to make the game-ending out.
Considering that turn of events it seemed like Braun must have been in pretty rough shape, yet less than 24 hours later he’s apparently good to go.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)