Apr 8, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Terry Francona lives two blocks from the Indians’ ballpark, but somehow got lost walking there today for the home opener.
Francona, who is living in downtown Cleveland during the season, was thankful there were people on the streets Monday morning “because I got lost three times.” Francona joked that he doesn’t have a good sense of direction and was glad someone finally picked him up in a golf cart and got him to the ballpark.
As someone who basically has no idea how to get anywhere and relies on a GPS to an unhealthy degree I can sympathize. And really, letting random people in Cleveland drive you around in a golf cart sounds like a feature rather than a bug.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (218)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)