Apr 8, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Terry Francona lives two blocks from the Indians’ ballpark, but somehow got lost walking there today for the home opener.
Francona, who is living in downtown Cleveland during the season, was thankful there were people on the streets Monday morning “because I got lost three times.” Francona joked that he doesn’t have a good sense of direction and was glad someone finally picked him up in a golf cart and got him to the ballpark.
As someone who basically has no idea how to get anywhere and relies on a GPS to an unhealthy degree I can sympathize. And really, letting random people in Cleveland drive you around in a golf cart sounds like a feature rather than a bug.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (73)