Apr 8, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Terry Francona lives two blocks from the Indians’ ballpark, but somehow got lost walking there today for the home opener.
Francona, who is living in downtown Cleveland during the season, was thankful there were people on the streets Monday morning “because I got lost three times.” Francona joked that he doesn’t have a good sense of direction and was glad someone finally picked him up in a golf cart and got him to the ballpark.
As someone who basically has no idea how to get anywhere and relies on a GPS to an unhealthy degree I can sympathize. And really, letting random people in Cleveland drive you around in a golf cart sounds like a feature rather than a bug.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)