Apr 8, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Terry Francona lives two blocks from the Indians’ ballpark, but somehow got lost walking there today for the home opener.
Francona, who is living in downtown Cleveland during the season, was thankful there were people on the streets Monday morning “because I got lost three times.” Francona joked that he doesn’t have a good sense of direction and was glad someone finally picked him up in a golf cart and got him to the ballpark.
As someone who basically has no idea how to get anywhere and relies on a GPS to an unhealthy degree I can sympathize. And really, letting random people in Cleveland drive you around in a golf cart sounds like a feature rather than a bug.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 2
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)