Apr 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Chris Jaffe has a fun post up over at the Hardball Times. He tracks which pitcher has, historically, dominated your teams. No, it’s not “that rookie lefty no one has ever heard of.” I think 95% of all baseball fans think THAT’s the guy who kills their team, but it isn’t. It tends to be pretty good pitchers which own/pwn your local nine.
Well, almost always. Freakin’ Eric Show owns my team. How that happened is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in some exceedingly bad Braves teams in the 1980s. But it’s still surprising.
Today it’s the National League. He’ll do the AL next week.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)