Apr 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Chris Jaffe has a fun post up over at the Hardball Times. He tracks which pitcher has, historically, dominated your teams. No, it’s not “that rookie lefty no one has ever heard of.” I think 95% of all baseball fans think THAT’s the guy who kills their team, but it isn’t. It tends to be pretty good pitchers which own/pwn your local nine.
Well, almost always. Freakin’ Eric Show owns my team. How that happened is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in some exceedingly bad Braves teams in the 1980s. But it’s still surprising.
Today it’s the National League. He’ll do the AL next week.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)