Apr 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Chris Jaffe has a fun post up over at the Hardball Times. He tracks which pitcher has, historically, dominated your teams. No, it’s not “that rookie lefty no one has ever heard of.” I think 95% of all baseball fans think THAT’s the guy who kills their team, but it isn’t. It tends to be pretty good pitchers which own/pwn your local nine.
Well, almost always. Freakin’ Eric Show owns my team. How that happened is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in some exceedingly bad Braves teams in the 1980s. But it’s still surprising.
Today it’s the National League. He’ll do the AL next week.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)