Apr 8, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Chris Jaffe has a fun post up over at the Hardball Times. He tracks which pitcher has, historically, dominated your teams. No, it’s not “that rookie lefty no one has ever heard of.” I think 95% of all baseball fans think THAT’s the guy who kills their team, but it isn’t. It tends to be pretty good pitchers which own/pwn your local nine.
Well, almost always. Freakin’ Eric Show owns my team. How that happened is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in some exceedingly bad Braves teams in the 1980s. But it’s still surprising.
Today it’s the National League. He’ll do the AL next week.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)