Apr 8, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Last year Yankees Stadium played host to two big time European soccer matches: Chelsea vs. Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid vs. AC Milan. They’re doing it again this year:
World and European champion Spain will play an exhibition game on June 11 at Yankee Stadium, which also will host a postseason friendly between Manchester City and Chelsea on May 25.
Kinda wish the Yankees hadn’t scored seven runs yesterday. Totally killed my “finally, you can see some offense at Yankee Stadium this year” joke. Man.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)