Apr 8, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Last year Yankees Stadium played host to two big time European soccer matches: Chelsea vs. Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid vs. AC Milan. They’re doing it again this year:
World and European champion Spain will play an exhibition game on June 11 at Yankee Stadium, which also will host a postseason friendly between Manchester City and Chelsea on May 25.
Kinda wish the Yankees hadn’t scored seven runs yesterday. Totally killed my “finally, you can see some offense at Yankee Stadium this year” joke. Man.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)