Apr 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs. It makes you become a near non-entity in all the places that matter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Chicago Cubs Minor League right-handed pitcher Pedro Silverio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Metabolites of Stanozolol is an oldie but a goodie. Nice to see the kids appreciating the work of their predecessors instead of impulsively taking up the latest, new-fangled and trendy things. This Silvero is a traditionalist, he is.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)