Apr 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs. It makes you become a near non-entity in all the places that matter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Chicago Cubs Minor League right-handed pitcher Pedro Silverio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Metabolites of Stanozolol is an oldie but a goodie. Nice to see the kids appreciating the work of their predecessors instead of impulsively taking up the latest, new-fangled and trendy things. This Silvero is a traditionalist, he is.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8