Apr 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Don’t do drugs. It makes you become a near non-entity in all the places that matter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Chicago Cubs Minor League right-handed pitcher Pedro Silverio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Metabolites of Stanozolol is an oldie but a goodie. Nice to see the kids appreciating the work of their predecessors instead of impulsively taking up the latest, new-fangled and trendy things. This Silvero is a traditionalist, he is.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40