Apr 9, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Don’t do drugs. It makes you become a near non-entity in all the places that matter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Chicago Cubs Minor League right-handed pitcher Pedro Silverio has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
Metabolites of Stanozolol is an oldie but a goodie. Nice to see the kids appreciating the work of their predecessors instead of impulsively taking up the latest, new-fangled and trendy things. This Silvero is a traditionalist, he is.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)