Apr 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Denard Span is only a week into his first season with the Nationals, but he’s already figured out a way to beat the traffic in Washington, D.C.:
Tweeting as I’m in traffic hoping to get pulled over so that I can get to the field quicker #omg
— Denard Span (@thisisdspan) April 9, 2013
It might be a tough sell with like five hours until the first pitch, but if a prominent player on a popular team were truly in a rush what are the odds that scenario would turn into a police escort to the ballpark? Denard, if you’re reading this: I say go for it. We’ll bail you out if things go wrong*.
* Up to $100. After that, I mean, you make like $5 million a season. Actually, can I borrow $100?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)