Apr 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Denard Span is only a week into his first season with the Nationals, but he’s already figured out a way to beat the traffic in Washington, D.C.:
Tweeting as I’m in traffic hoping to get pulled over so that I can get to the field quicker #omg
— Denard Span (@thisisdspan) April 9, 2013
It might be a tough sell with like five hours until the first pitch, but if a prominent player on a popular team were truly in a rush what are the odds that scenario would turn into a police escort to the ballpark? Denard, if you’re reading this: I say go for it. We’ll bail you out if things go wrong*.
* Up to $100. After that, I mean, you make like $5 million a season. Actually, can I borrow $100?
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)