Apr 9, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Denard Span is only a week into his first season with the Nationals, but he’s already figured out a way to beat the traffic in Washington, D.C.:
Tweeting as I’m in traffic hoping to get pulled over so that I can get to the field quicker #omg
— Denard Span (@thisisdspan) April 9, 2013
It might be a tough sell with like five hours until the first pitch, but if a prominent player on a popular team were truly in a rush what are the odds that scenario would turn into a police escort to the ballpark? Denard, if you’re reading this: I say go for it. We’ll bail you out if things go wrong*.
* Up to $100. After that, I mean, you make like $5 million a season. Actually, can I borrow $100?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)