Apr 9, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
All that money, all those moves, and yet the Dodgers have Juan Uribe batting fifth tonight against the Padres.
Uribe is 0-for-6 this season, hit .191 last season, and has hit .196 with a .546 OPS in 145 total games for the Dodgers since 2011.
Of course, knowing how these things tend to work Uribe will probably go 4-for-4 with two homers batting behind Adrian Gonzalez. He has a good track record versus Padres starter Clayton Richard, which is I suppose how manager Don Mattingly justifies the whole thing.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)