Apr 9, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Did you know: when Nick Swisher is “hurt,” the “bro”-quotient in his speech is reduced by as much as 76%? It’s true!
Here’s Mark Feinsand of the Daily News asking Swisher about his offseason move from New York to Cleveland:
“It hurt. That team was amazing. The city was amazing, my teammates were so great to me … When it boils down to it, they didn’t come to me. They didn’t even offer anything. In a situation like that, as much as I love that city and as hard as it was for me to leave, I had to do what was best for my family and myself.”
Eh, it’s business. I think everyone who has paid any bit of attention to the Yankees knows it’s business. Swisher is an emotional guy, though, so this is understandable too.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)