Apr 9, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Did you know: when Nick Swisher is “hurt,” the “bro”-quotient in his speech is reduced by as much as 76%? It’s true!
Here’s Mark Feinsand of the Daily News asking Swisher about his offseason move from New York to Cleveland:
“It hurt. That team was amazing. The city was amazing, my teammates were so great to me … When it boils down to it, they didn’t come to me. They didn’t even offer anything. In a situation like that, as much as I love that city and as hard as it was for me to leave, I had to do what was best for my family and myself.”
Eh, it’s business. I think everyone who has paid any bit of attention to the Yankees knows it’s business. Swisher is an emotional guy, though, so this is understandable too.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)