Apr 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Update: Roenicke is slated to manage Tuesday’s game against the Cubs after being taken to the emergency room this morning with back spasms.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spent the early morning hours Tuesday in a Chicago hospital after his back “froze up” on him, according to Jay Sorgi of WTMJ. Sorgi found out when Roenicke was unavailable for his usual Tuesday morning radio appearance.
No word on what it is or whether he’ll be back in the dugout today.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)