Apr 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Update: Roenicke is slated to manage Tuesday’s game against the Cubs after being taken to the emergency room this morning with back spasms.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spent the early morning hours Tuesday in a Chicago hospital after his back “froze up” on him, according to Jay Sorgi of WTMJ. Sorgi found out when Roenicke was unavailable for his usual Tuesday morning radio appearance.
No word on what it is or whether he’ll be back in the dugout today.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)