Apr 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Update: Roenicke is slated to manage Tuesday’s game against the Cubs after being taken to the emergency room this morning with back spasms.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spent the early morning hours Tuesday in a Chicago hospital after his back “froze up” on him, according to Jay Sorgi of WTMJ. Sorgi found out when Roenicke was unavailable for his usual Tuesday morning radio appearance.
No word on what it is or whether he’ll be back in the dugout today.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)