Apr 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Update: Roenicke is slated to manage Tuesday’s game against the Cubs after being taken to the emergency room this morning with back spasms.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spent the early morning hours Tuesday in a Chicago hospital after his back “froze up” on him, according to Jay Sorgi of WTMJ. Sorgi found out when Roenicke was unavailable for his usual Tuesday morning radio appearance.
No word on what it is or whether he’ll be back in the dugout today.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 6
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)