Ron Roenicke will manage tonight after being taken to the ER with back problems

Apr 9, 2013, 6:00 PM EST

Ron Roenicke Getty Images

Update: Roenicke is slated to manage Tuesday’s game against the Cubs after being taken to the emergency room this morning with back spasms.

///

Man down in Milwaukee:

Brewers manager Ron Roenicke spent the early morning hours Tuesday in a Chicago hospital after his back “froze up” on him, according to Jay Sorgi of WTMJ. Sorgi found out when Roenicke was unavailable for his usual Tuesday morning radio appearance.

No word on what it is or whether he’ll be back in the dugout today.

1. plmathfoto - Apr 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Paging Mr Braun…

I used to know this place in Miami

oops

but I know another place

oops

2. onbucky96 - Apr 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Fire the Training Staff, they can’t keep anybody healthy.

3. hoober27 - Apr 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM

This is shaping up to be real life Major League II. Who instigates the intrasquad brawl? With the departure of Morgan, the field is wide open. After Gomez breaking the bat over his knee, I think I’ll put my jelly beans on him. Whoever can knock Yuni-B off the roster is The Champ in my eyes.

• brewcrewfan54 - Apr 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Just so you are aware Gomez probably breaks 10 bats a year over his knee after strikeouts. Its nothing new.

• hoober27 - Apr 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

So he’s a good choice for the firestarter then…

Still feeling good about the bullpen additions? I’m enjoying not seeing Veras, Loe, and especially K-Rod trot out, but it’s been a rough first week. I really enjoyed Badenhop’s FSWI interview when he said he’s excited to finally play in front of good fans. More of a shot at the Marlins and Rays than a boost to the Crew, but it’ll help win over the fans here. Not as much as pitching well will though. Any faith in Axford finding his groove again? Think they’ll bring in someone else like Brian Wilson if Henderson falters? They just splurged $33M on Lohse less than two weeks ago, it would be an interesting message to send if they completely change their minds on the season this early if the bullpen continues to struggle.

• brewcrewfan54 - Apr 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Yeah the new bullpen obviously hasn’t worked out that well yet. Badenhop has not been real good and Axford is obviously still having major issues. And now that his velocity is down to the 93-95 range things aren’t looking great at the moment. I wish they were playing better but I’m not giving up on them 7 games in. Guys make adjustments and figure stuff out all the time so I’m staying positive.

4. 13arod - Apr 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

brewers have everybody getting injured who’s next the gm or the fans

5. aceshigh11 - Apr 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This guy is gonna be Vicodin’d and Robaxin’d up to the gills.

I’d put my money on the Cubs.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4762)
  2. M. Kemp (3773)
  3. M. Cabrera (2945)
  4. J. Kang (2890)
  5. J. Upton (2684)
  1. M. Morse (2640)
  2. W. Middlebrooks (2377)
  3. A. Rios (2320)