Apr 9, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
If you’re interested in such things, MLB has yet to switch bullpen phones from land lines to wireless. They’re still testing the technology.
— Brian Costa (@BrianCostaWSJ) April 9, 2013
Not sure what’s to test. My mother has a wireless phone and she still calls the refrigerator the “icebox” and pays for things with checks at the grocery store.
Anyway, once they figure this out, things will presumably be all wireless and futuristic. And we’ll still be using 19th century umpiring technology.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 40
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)