Apr 9, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
If you’re interested in such things, MLB has yet to switch bullpen phones from land lines to wireless. They’re still testing the technology.
— Brian Costa (@BrianCostaWSJ) April 9, 2013
Not sure what’s to test. My mother has a wireless phone and she still calls the refrigerator the “icebox” and pays for things with checks at the grocery store.
Anyway, once they figure this out, things will presumably be all wireless and futuristic. And we’ll still be using 19th century umpiring technology.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)