Apr 9, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
If you’re interested in such things, MLB has yet to switch bullpen phones from land lines to wireless. They’re still testing the technology.
— Brian Costa (@BrianCostaWSJ) April 9, 2013
Not sure what’s to test. My mother has a wireless phone and she still calls the refrigerator the “icebox” and pays for things with checks at the grocery store.
Anyway, once they figure this out, things will presumably be all wireless and futuristic. And we’ll still be using 19th century umpiring technology.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)