Apr 9, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
If you’re interested in such things, MLB has yet to switch bullpen phones from land lines to wireless. They’re still testing the technology.
— Brian Costa (@BrianCostaWSJ) April 9, 2013
Not sure what’s to test. My mother has a wireless phone and she still calls the refrigerator the “icebox” and pays for things with checks at the grocery store.
Anyway, once they figure this out, things will presumably be all wireless and futuristic. And we’ll still be using 19th century umpiring technology.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 8
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)