Apr 9, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
If you’re interested in such things, MLB has yet to switch bullpen phones from land lines to wireless. They’re still testing the technology.
— Brian Costa (@BrianCostaWSJ) April 9, 2013
Not sure what’s to test. My mother has a wireless phone and she still calls the refrigerator the “icebox” and pays for things with checks at the grocery store.
Anyway, once they figure this out, things will presumably be all wireless and futuristic. And we’ll still be using 19th century umpiring technology.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)