Apr 9, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Stephen Drew completed his four-game minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
Drew was just 2-for-13 overall on the rehab stint, but reported no concussion-related problems and got plenty of work in defensively, including eight innings yesterday.
Boston has today off on the schedule, so he’s expected to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list and join the Red Sox on Wednesday, pushing fill-in shortstop Jose Iglesias to the bench or Triple-A despite a nice start.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)