Apr 9, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Stephen Drew completed his four-game minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
Drew was just 2-for-13 overall on the rehab stint, but reported no concussion-related problems and got plenty of work in defensively, including eight innings yesterday.
Boston has today off on the schedule, so he’s expected to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list and join the Red Sox on Wednesday, pushing fill-in shortstop Jose Iglesias to the bench or Triple-A despite a nice start.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)