Apr 9, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Stephen Drew completed his four-game minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
Drew was just 2-for-13 overall on the rehab stint, but reported no concussion-related problems and got plenty of work in defensively, including eight innings yesterday.
Boston has today off on the schedule, so he’s expected to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list and join the Red Sox on Wednesday, pushing fill-in shortstop Jose Iglesias to the bench or Triple-A despite a nice start.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)