Apr 9, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Stephen Drew completed his four-game minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
Drew was just 2-for-13 overall on the rehab stint, but reported no concussion-related problems and got plenty of work in defensively, including eight innings yesterday.
Boston has today off on the schedule, so he’s expected to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list and join the Red Sox on Wednesday, pushing fill-in shortstop Jose Iglesias to the bench or Triple-A despite a nice start.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)