Apr 9, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Stephen Drew completed his four-game minor-league rehab assignment yesterday at Double-A by going 1-for-3 with a homer and a walk.
Drew was just 2-for-13 overall on the rehab stint, but reported no concussion-related problems and got plenty of work in defensively, including eight innings yesterday.
Boston has today off on the schedule, so he’s expected to come off the seven-day concussion disabled list and join the Red Sox on Wednesday, pushing fill-in shortstop Jose Iglesias to the bench or Triple-A despite a nice start.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)