Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was hospitalized early this morning because of a back injury and now White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Cooper won’t be with the team tonight after being taken to a Washington-area hospital by the White Sox’s trainer.
However, according to Gonzales “the ailment isn’t considered severe enough to promote a minor league staff member in his absence.” So for now bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen will take on Cooper’s usual duties.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 73
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)