Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was hospitalized early this morning because of a back injury and now White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Cooper won’t be with the team tonight after being taken to a Washington-area hospital by the White Sox’s trainer.
However, according to Gonzales “the ailment isn’t considered severe enough to promote a minor league staff member in his absence.” So for now bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen will take on Cooper’s usual duties.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20