Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was hospitalized early this morning because of a back injury and now White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Cooper won’t be with the team tonight after being taken to a Washington-area hospital by the White Sox’s trainer.
However, according to Gonzales “the ailment isn’t considered severe enough to promote a minor league staff member in his absence.” So for now bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen will take on Cooper’s usual duties.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)