Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was hospitalized early this morning because of a back injury and now White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Cooper won’t be with the team tonight after being taken to a Washington-area hospital by the White Sox’s trainer.
However, according to Gonzales “the ailment isn’t considered severe enough to promote a minor league staff member in his absence.” So for now bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen will take on Cooper’s usual duties.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)