Apr 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was hospitalized early this morning because of a back injury and now White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper has been hospitalized with diverticulitis.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that Cooper won’t be with the team tonight after being taken to a Washington-area hospital by the White Sox’s trainer.
However, according to Gonzales “the ailment isn’t considered severe enough to promote a minor league staff member in his absence.” So for now bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen will take on Cooper’s usual duties.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)