Apr 10, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Brad Hawpe’s ongoing comeback attempt has a new home, as Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the veteran first baseman/outfielder has signed a minor-league deal with the Angels.
Hawpe has struggled to come back from elbow surgery and didn’t play in the majors at all last season. He was released by the Rangers in the middle of last season and then got released by the Pirates in the middle of spring training this year.
Hawpe was consistently a very good middle-of-the-order bat for the Rockies from 2006-2009, but he hasn’t produced in the majors or minors since then and turns 34 years old in June.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)