Apr 10, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe’s ongoing comeback attempt has a new home, as Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the veteran first baseman/outfielder has signed a minor-league deal with the Angels.
Hawpe has struggled to come back from elbow surgery and didn’t play in the majors at all last season. He was released by the Rangers in the middle of last season and then got released by the Pirates in the middle of spring training this year.
Hawpe was consistently a very good middle-of-the-order bat for the Rockies from 2006-2009, but he hasn’t produced in the majors or minors since then and turns 34 years old in June.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)