Apr 10, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe’s ongoing comeback attempt has a new home, as Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the veteran first baseman/outfielder has signed a minor-league deal with the Angels.
Hawpe has struggled to come back from elbow surgery and didn’t play in the majors at all last season. He was released by the Rangers in the middle of last season and then got released by the Pirates in the middle of spring training this year.
Hawpe was consistently a very good middle-of-the-order bat for the Rockies from 2006-2009, but he hasn’t produced in the majors or minors since then and turns 34 years old in June.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 17
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 55
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)