Apr 10, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Brad Hawpe’s ongoing comeback attempt has a new home, as Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the veteran first baseman/outfielder has signed a minor-league deal with the Angels.
Hawpe has struggled to come back from elbow surgery and didn’t play in the majors at all last season. He was released by the Rangers in the middle of last season and then got released by the Pirates in the middle of spring training this year.
Hawpe was consistently a very good middle-of-the-order bat for the Rockies from 2006-2009, but he hasn’t produced in the majors or minors since then and turns 34 years old in June.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)