Apr 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Seattle chose to keep Jason Bay over Wells, who’s hit .246 with 25 homers and a .752 OPS in 656 plate appearances as a big leaguer. He has very good power and can play all three outfield spots, so Wells can provide some value even if he’s likely stretched as a regular.
Of course, considering how active the Blue Jays are with waivers he might be back on the wire shortly.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11