Apr 10, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Seattle chose to keep Jason Bay over Wells, who’s hit .246 with 25 homers and a .752 OPS in 656 plate appearances as a big leaguer. He has very good power and can play all three outfield spots, so Wells can provide some value even if he’s likely stretched as a regular.
Of course, considering how active the Blue Jays are with waivers he might be back on the wire shortly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)