Apr 10, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Milwaukee transferred Corey Hart to the 60-day disabled list, meaning the injured first baseman is not eligible to return until May 30.
Hart had previously hoped to be back before then, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he’s been “making steady but slow progress in his recovery from right knee surgery” and has yet to even start running on a treadmill.
In other words, May 30 might even be optimistic at this point. In replacing Hart at first base the Brewers have used Alex Gonzalez four times, Yuniesky Betancourt three times, and Martin Maldonado once, and not surprisingly that trio has hit .250 with a .615 OPS.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32