Apr 10, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Milwaukee transferred Corey Hart to the 60-day disabled list, meaning the injured first baseman is not eligible to return until May 30.
Hart had previously hoped to be back before then, but Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he’s been “making steady but slow progress in his recovery from right knee surgery” and has yet to even start running on a treadmill.
In other words, May 30 might even be optimistic at this point. In replacing Hart at first base the Brewers have used Alex Gonzalez four times, Yuniesky Betancourt three times, and Martin Maldonado once, and not surprisingly that trio has hit .250 with a .615 OPS.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 123
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)