Apr 10, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
I love Jayson Nix. You love Jayson Nix. We ALL love Jayson Nix. But eventually the Jayson Nix dynasty will have to end. His replacement is on his way to the Yankees soon:
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has resumed on-field hitting after being shut down last month by left ankle soreness.
Jeter took 32 swings in batting practice Wednesday at the Yankees’ minor league complex. The 38-year-old superstar also ran for the second consecutive day.
There’s no timeline yet, but this is something.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (206)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)