Apr 10, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
I love Jayson Nix. You love Jayson Nix. We ALL love Jayson Nix. But eventually the Jayson Nix dynasty will have to end. His replacement is on his way to the Yankees soon:
Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has resumed on-field hitting after being shut down last month by left ankle soreness.
Jeter took 32 swings in batting practice Wednesday at the Yankees’ minor league complex. The 38-year-old superstar also ran for the second consecutive day.
There’s no timeline yet, but this is something.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 3
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 18
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)