Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Or: Great Moments in Insane Ushers. Comedian Sarah Colonna tells the story of how she and a friend got kicked out of the Angels game the other day for cheering for Mark Trumbo.
Really. It’s a rambling read, but the upshot is that they stood when Trumbo came up during bases-loaded situations a couple of times. No one complained (even if no one else stood) and an usher came down and told them to sit down. Which, after a visit to the guest relations office — guest relations had no problems with her or her friend — they did. A few minutes later security comes down to their seats and kicks them out.
Colonna claims she didn’t leave anything out of the story. Which, if true, is kinda baffling. It’s like the usher was an umpire mad at being shown up or something.
Good P.R., guys.
(link via StopTheWave)
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 2
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 19
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 15
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)