Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Or: Great Moments in Insane Ushers. Comedian Sarah Colonna tells the story of how she and a friend got kicked out of the Angels game the other day for cheering for Mark Trumbo.
Really. It’s a rambling read, but the upshot is that they stood when Trumbo came up during bases-loaded situations a couple of times. No one complained (even if no one else stood) and an usher came down and told them to sit down. Which, after a visit to the guest relations office — guest relations had no problems with her or her friend — they did. A few minutes later security comes down to their seats and kicks them out.
Colonna claims she didn’t leave anything out of the story. Which, if true, is kinda baffling. It’s like the usher was an umpire mad at being shown up or something.
Good P.R., guys.
(link via StopTheWave)
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)