Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Or: Great Moments in Insane Ushers. Comedian Sarah Colonna tells the story of how she and a friend got kicked out of the Angels game the other day for cheering for Mark Trumbo.
Really. It’s a rambling read, but the upshot is that they stood when Trumbo came up during bases-loaded situations a couple of times. No one complained (even if no one else stood) and an usher came down and told them to sit down. Which, after a visit to the guest relations office — guest relations had no problems with her or her friend — they did. A few minutes later security comes down to their seats and kicks them out.
Colonna claims she didn’t leave anything out of the story. Which, if true, is kinda baffling. It’s like the usher was an umpire mad at being shown up or something.
Good P.R., guys.
(link via StopTheWave)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 41
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)