Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Or: Great Moments in Insane Ushers. Comedian Sarah Colonna tells the story of how she and a friend got kicked out of the Angels game the other day for cheering for Mark Trumbo.
Really. It’s a rambling read, but the upshot is that they stood when Trumbo came up during bases-loaded situations a couple of times. No one complained (even if no one else stood) and an usher came down and told them to sit down. Which, after a visit to the guest relations office — guest relations had no problems with her or her friend — they did. A few minutes later security comes down to their seats and kicks them out.
Colonna claims she didn’t leave anything out of the story. Which, if true, is kinda baffling. It’s like the usher was an umpire mad at being shown up or something.
Good P.R., guys.
(link via StopTheWave)
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)