Apr 10, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Or: Great Moments in Insane Ushers. Comedian Sarah Colonna tells the story of how she and a friend got kicked out of the Angels game the other day for cheering for Mark Trumbo.
Really. It’s a rambling read, but the upshot is that they stood when Trumbo came up during bases-loaded situations a couple of times. No one complained (even if no one else stood) and an usher came down and told them to sit down. Which, after a visit to the guest relations office — guest relations had no problems with her or her friend — they did. A few minutes later security comes down to their seats and kicks them out.
Colonna claims she didn’t leave anything out of the story. Which, if true, is kinda baffling. It’s like the usher was an umpire mad at being shown up or something.
Good P.R., guys.
(link via StopTheWave)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)