Apr 10, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
That means Carrasco’s comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery–which was delayed six games by a suspension left over from 2011–lasted all of one start and 3.2 bad innings. He’ll no doubt be back in Cleveland at some point this season, but may have to sit out some more games depending on whether MLB buys his apology/insistence that it was accidental.
Carrasco got knocked around by the Yankees, but his average fastball clocked in at 94 miles per hour and that’s actually better than his pre-surgery velocity of 92 mph.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)