Apr 10, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
That means Carrasco’s comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery–which was delayed six games by a suspension left over from 2011–lasted all of one start and 3.2 bad innings. He’ll no doubt be back in Cleveland at some point this season, but may have to sit out some more games depending on whether MLB buys his apology/insistence that it was accidental.
Carrasco got knocked around by the Yankees, but his average fastball clocked in at 94 miles per hour and that’s actually better than his pre-surgery velocity of 92 mph.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12