Apr 10, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Texas placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list after the left-hander gave up 11 runs his first two starts while pitching through lower back soreness.
To replace Harrison on the roster and in the rotation the Rangers called up Triple-A right-hander Justin Grimm, who’ll start tomorrow night against the Mariners. Grimm got knocked around in his 14-inning debut last season and also struggled some at Triple-A, but throws in the mid-90s and has a solid overall track record in the minors.
After back-to-back seasons with 30-plus starts and an ERA under 3.50 Harrison inked a five-year, $55 million extension in January and got the Opening Day assignment for the Rangers.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)