Apr 10, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Texas placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list after the left-hander gave up 11 runs his first two starts while pitching through lower back soreness.
To replace Harrison on the roster and in the rotation the Rangers called up Triple-A right-hander Justin Grimm, who’ll start tomorrow night against the Mariners. Grimm got knocked around in his 14-inning debut last season and also struggled some at Triple-A, but throws in the mid-90s and has a solid overall track record in the minors.
After back-to-back seasons with 30-plus starts and an ERA under 3.50 Harrison inked a five-year, $55 million extension in January and got the Opening Day assignment for the Rangers.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)