Apr 10, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Texas placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list after the left-hander gave up 11 runs his first two starts while pitching through lower back soreness.
To replace Harrison on the roster and in the rotation the Rangers called up Triple-A right-hander Justin Grimm, who’ll start tomorrow night against the Mariners. Grimm got knocked around in his 14-inning debut last season and also struggled some at Triple-A, but throws in the mid-90s and has a solid overall track record in the minors.
After back-to-back seasons with 30-plus starts and an ERA under 3.50 Harrison inked a five-year, $55 million extension in January and got the Opening Day assignment for the Rangers.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 2
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 37
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)