Apr 10, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Texas placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list after the left-hander gave up 11 runs his first two starts while pitching through lower back soreness.
To replace Harrison on the roster and in the rotation the Rangers called up Triple-A right-hander Justin Grimm, who’ll start tomorrow night against the Mariners. Grimm got knocked around in his 14-inning debut last season and also struggled some at Triple-A, but throws in the mid-90s and has a solid overall track record in the minors.
After back-to-back seasons with 30-plus starts and an ERA under 3.50 Harrison inked a five-year, $55 million extension in January and got the Opening Day assignment for the Rangers.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)