Apr 10, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Stephen Drew‘s return from a concussion meant that Jose Iglesias was out of a starting job and rather than keep the 23-year-old around as a bench player the Red Sox decided to send him back to Triple-A for regular playing time.
Boston also placed John Lackey on the disabled list, which was expected after he exited Saturday’s start with what appeared to be a serious arm injury and was later diagnosed as “only” a strained biceps. Either way, he’ll miss at least a few starts and Alfredo Aceves has been moved from the bullpen to the rotation to fill in.
Alex Wilson, who was the Red Sox’s second-round pick in 2009, will make his big-league debut after being called up to provide some bullpen depth.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)