Apr 10, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Stephen Drew‘s return from a concussion meant that Jose Iglesias was out of a starting job and rather than keep the 23-year-old around as a bench player the Red Sox decided to send him back to Triple-A for regular playing time.
Boston also placed John Lackey on the disabled list, which was expected after he exited Saturday’s start with what appeared to be a serious arm injury and was later diagnosed as “only” a strained biceps. Either way, he’ll miss at least a few starts and Alfredo Aceves has been moved from the bullpen to the rotation to fill in.
Alex Wilson, who was the Red Sox’s second-round pick in 2009, will make his big-league debut after being called up to provide some bullpen depth.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)