Apr 10, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
Scott Sizemore cannot seem to catch a break.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 28-year-old second baseman has been diagnosed with a re-tear of the ACL in his left knee and needs reconstructive surgery for the second time in two years. He has been ruled out for the rest of the 2013 season and could struggle to get back to 100 percent health by the start of 2014.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)