Apr 10, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
Scott Sizemore cannot seem to catch a break.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the 28-year-old second baseman has been diagnosed with a re-tear of the ACL in his left knee and needs reconstructive surgery for the second time in two years. He has been ruled out for the rest of the 2013 season and could struggle to get back to 100 percent health by the start of 2014.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 57
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 8
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 26
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)