Apr 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
As everyone knows, the Cubs have been plagued by the “Curse of the Billy Goat” since 1945. Well, that and a lot of bad management and not all that much incentive to win since fans keep packing Wrigley Field regardless.
But someone is taking this goat thing rather seriously, it seems. Dropped off at Gate K at Wrigley on Wednesday was a suspicious package addressed to owner Tom Ricketts, according to CSNChicago.com. Inside was a goat’s head and nothing else. There was no note. Not a return address. Police were called to the scene and are investigating the matter. They might want to check if all of the rooftop owners have alibis.
This is the second straight year with a goat incident at Wrigley. Last year, someone strung up a severed goat’s head outside of the ballpark.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)