Apr 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
As everyone knows, the Cubs have been plagued by the “Curse of the Billy Goat” since 1945. Well, that and a lot of bad management and not all that much incentive to win since fans keep packing Wrigley Field regardless.
But someone is taking this goat thing rather seriously, it seems. Dropped off at Gate K at Wrigley on Wednesday was a suspicious package addressed to owner Tom Ricketts, according to CSNChicago.com. Inside was a goat’s head and nothing else. There was no note. Not a return address. Police were called to the scene and are investigating the matter. They might want to check if all of the rooftop owners have alibis.
This is the second straight year with a goat incident at Wrigley. Last year, someone strung up a severed goat’s head outside of the ballpark.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)