Apr 10, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
Wait … he’s not an Upton. I don’t understand:
The Braves have acquired veteran RHP Luis Ayala from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for minor league LHP Chris Jones.
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) April 10, 2013
Apparently the impetus for this is that the Orioles need to free up roster space for Chris Dickerson or some such. Good for them. The Braves, though, are getting a more-than-servicable bullpen arm in Ayala. He posted a 2.64 ERA and 51/15 K/BB ratio over 75 innings last season and will help with depth due to the Braves losing Jonny Venters for seemingly ever.
Chris Jones has had some good years in the lower levels, but usually after repeating them. He’s in his second year in Double-A, but he’s organizational depth at best at the moment.
Oh well. Viva roster space.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 28
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (208)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)