Apr 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Headley‘s fractured thumb feels good enough that he was able to take batting practice yesterday from both sides of the plate and Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres third baseman could be cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as this weekend.
Headley was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable on March 17, so he’s definitely on or maybe even a little ahead of schedule assuming the Padres don’t think he’d need a lengthy rehab stint. Headley told Brock that he’d like to play 4-7 games before coming off the disabled list, which could mean a return to the Padres’ lineup by the end of next week.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)