Apr 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Headley‘s fractured thumb feels good enough that he was able to take batting practice yesterday from both sides of the plate and Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres third baseman could be cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as this weekend.
Headley was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable on March 17, so he’s definitely on or maybe even a little ahead of schedule assuming the Padres don’t think he’d need a lengthy rehab stint. Headley told Brock that he’d like to play 4-7 games before coming off the disabled list, which could mean a return to the Padres’ lineup by the end of next week.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)