Apr 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Headley‘s fractured thumb feels good enough that he was able to take batting practice yesterday from both sides of the plate and Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres third baseman could be cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as this weekend.
Headley was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable on March 17, so he’s definitely on or maybe even a little ahead of schedule assuming the Padres don’t think he’d need a lengthy rehab stint. Headley told Brock that he’d like to play 4-7 games before coming off the disabled list, which could mean a return to the Padres’ lineup by the end of next week.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)