Apr 11, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Chase Headley‘s fractured thumb feels good enough that he was able to take batting practice yesterday from both sides of the plate and Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that the Padres third baseman could be cleared for a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as this weekend.
Headley was initially given a 4-6 week recovery timetable on March 17, so he’s definitely on or maybe even a little ahead of schedule assuming the Padres don’t think he’d need a lengthy rehab stint. Headley told Brock that he’d like to play 4-7 games before coming off the disabled list, which could mean a return to the Padres’ lineup by the end of next week.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)