Apr 11, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
After falling behind 5-0 in the third, the Giants scored seven times in the fourth and fifth innings on their way to beating the Cubs 7-6 on Thursday.
Second baseman Nick Noonan went 3-for-5 and scored twice in his first big-league start. He was filling in while Marco Scutaro rested today.
Meanwhile, Bruce Bochy’s Midas touch has carried over into the 2013 season. He let starter Ryan Vogelsong hit in the top of the fifth today with the bases loaded, one out and the Giants down 5-4. Vogelsong, of course, worked a walk against Hisanori Takahashi, forcing in a run and opening the door for the Giants to score twice more.
Vogelsong went on to pitch two more scoreless innings and pick up his first win of the year. Scott Feldman, hampered by some atrocious Cubs defense, allowed six runs — two earned — in 4 1/3 innings to take the loss.
Sergio Romo pitched a scoreless ninth for his sixth save. He has more saves than 23 teams do wins.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)