Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Sometimes — but not all the time — you can find pronunciation guides for ballplayers’ names in press boxes. And I know that ESPN.com used to do that on player stat pages, though I don’t think they do it anymore. Those things are handy when you can find them. Especially if, like me, you end up consuming most of your baseball information online and don’t often hear some players’ names pronounced.
But now such a thing is available — for many players anyway — at The ‘Lancer.
Not exhaustive, but if you just never knew how to pronounce Jim Dyck’s name — and if you didn’t want to chance it — this site is for you. Otherwise, it’s a fun time-killer.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)