Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Sometimes — but not all the time — you can find pronunciation guides for ballplayers’ names in press boxes. And I know that ESPN.com used to do that on player stat pages, though I don’t think they do it anymore. Those things are handy when you can find them. Especially if, like me, you end up consuming most of your baseball information online and don’t often hear some players’ names pronounced.
But now such a thing is available — for many players anyway — at The ‘Lancer.
Not exhaustive, but if you just never knew how to pronounce Jim Dyck’s name — and if you didn’t want to chance it — this site is for you. Otherwise, it’s a fun time-killer.
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)