Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Sometimes — but not all the time — you can find pronunciation guides for ballplayers’ names in press boxes. And I know that ESPN.com used to do that on player stat pages, though I don’t think they do it anymore. Those things are handy when you can find them. Especially if, like me, you end up consuming most of your baseball information online and don’t often hear some players’ names pronounced.
But now such a thing is available — for many players anyway — at The ‘Lancer.
Not exhaustive, but if you just never knew how to pronounce Jim Dyck’s name — and if you didn’t want to chance it — this site is for you. Otherwise, it’s a fun time-killer.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)