Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Sometimes — but not all the time — you can find pronunciation guides for ballplayers’ names in press boxes. And I know that ESPN.com used to do that on player stat pages, though I don’t think they do it anymore. Those things are handy when you can find them. Especially if, like me, you end up consuming most of your baseball information online and don’t often hear some players’ names pronounced.
But now such a thing is available — for many players anyway — at The ‘Lancer.
Not exhaustive, but if you just never knew how to pronounce Jim Dyck’s name — and if you didn’t want to chance it — this site is for you. Otherwise, it’s a fun time-killer.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 336
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (337)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)