Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Sometimes — but not all the time — you can find pronunciation guides for ballplayers’ names in press boxes. And I know that ESPN.com used to do that on player stat pages, though I don’t think they do it anymore. Those things are handy when you can find them. Especially if, like me, you end up consuming most of your baseball information online and don’t often hear some players’ names pronounced.
But now such a thing is available — for many players anyway — at The ‘Lancer.
Not exhaustive, but if you just never knew how to pronounce Jim Dyck’s name — and if you didn’t want to chance it — this site is for you. Otherwise, it’s a fun time-killer.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)