Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM EST
Sure, Jorge Soler took bat in hand and went after the opposing team’s dugout in Single-A Daytona’s game last night. But that was still mostly spur of the moment. Not a lot of foresight involved. He didn’t think things through. Not like Izzy Alcantara.
And then, of course, there’s current Tigers broadcaster Rod Allen chasing after a pitcher during his playing days in Japan.
My other favorite: a 300-pound Juan Diaz deciding to charge the mound after getting hit by a sidearmer on a 2-2 pitch in an indy league game. Enjoy and feel free to post some more in the comments.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)