Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
Sure, Jorge Soler took bat in hand and went after the opposing team’s dugout in Single-A Daytona’s game last night. But that was still mostly spur of the moment. Not a lot of foresight involved. He didn’t think things through. Not like Izzy Alcantara.
And then, of course, there’s current Tigers broadcaster Rod Allen chasing after a pitcher during his playing days in Japan.
My other favorite: a 300-pound Juan Diaz deciding to charge the mound after getting hit by a sidearmer on a 2-2 pitch in an indy league game. Enjoy and feel free to post some more in the comments.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)