Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
Sure, Jorge Soler took bat in hand and went after the opposing team’s dugout in Single-A Daytona’s game last night. But that was still mostly spur of the moment. Not a lot of foresight involved. He didn’t think things through. Not like Izzy Alcantara.
And then, of course, there’s current Tigers broadcaster Rod Allen chasing after a pitcher during his playing days in Japan.
My other favorite: a 300-pound Juan Diaz deciding to charge the mound after getting hit by a sidearmer on a 2-2 pitch in an indy league game. Enjoy and feel free to post some more in the comments.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 10
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 31
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 122
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)