Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
Sure, Jorge Soler took bat in hand and went after the opposing team’s dugout in Single-A Daytona’s game last night. But that was still mostly spur of the moment. Not a lot of foresight involved. He didn’t think things through. Not like Izzy Alcantara.
And then, of course, there’s current Tigers broadcaster Rod Allen chasing after a pitcher during his playing days in Japan.
My other favorite: a 300-pound Juan Diaz deciding to charge the mound after getting hit by a sidearmer on a 2-2 pitch in an indy league game. Enjoy and feel free to post some more in the comments.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)