Apr 11, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Orioles fans can take a sigh of relief, because stud prospect Dylan Bundy has already been cleared to resume throwing after beginning the season on the disabled list with elbow soreness.
Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that Bundy has been playing catch without any problems and will start ramping things up at extended spring training today.
Bundy was the fourth overall pick in 2011 draft and made his big-league debut in September at age 19 after throwing 104 innings with a 2.08 ERA and 119/28 K/BB ratio in the minors. He made the jump from Double-A to majors, but once healthy Bundy will head to Triple-A.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)