Apr 11, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
The Angels are currently behind the Houston Astros in the standings. THE ASTROS. But don’t worry, y’all. Peter Bourjos says the Angels GOT THIS:
“We’re going to be in the playoffs,” the Angels outfielder said. “I guarantee you that because we have a great team.”
Of course, Bourjos said that before they got their butts handed to them by the A’s. Again. And before the closed-door meeting Mike Scioscia had with the team after the game.
It’s April 11, so sure, the Angels may very well make the playoffs. But it’s not exactly the time for Joe Namath moments in Anaheim.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 51
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 51
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)