Apr 11, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
The Angels are currently behind the Houston Astros in the standings. THE ASTROS. But don’t worry, y’all. Peter Bourjos says the Angels GOT THIS:
“We’re going to be in the playoffs,” the Angels outfielder said. “I guarantee you that because we have a great team.”
Of course, Bourjos said that before they got their butts handed to them by the A’s. Again. And before the closed-door meeting Mike Scioscia had with the team after the game.
It’s April 11, so sure, the Angels may very well make the playoffs. But it’s not exactly the time for Joe Namath moments in Anaheim.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)