Apr 11, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT
A fan at the Astros-Mariners game caught a foul ball in his beer. Then, like any right-thinking person, he chugged it. No word on whether the mud the ball was rubbed with, the rosin it was later soiled with or the pine tar which marked it from the bat has killed said fan, but at least he will always have this moment (pic is a screencap from MLB.com).
What do we call this drink? A horsehide car bomb? A Rawlings boilermaker? Just give me a few minutes and we’ll figure this out. Then we’ll sell them for $6 a pop at crappy suburban sports bars all over America and retire as rich as Croesus.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)