Apr 11, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT
A fan at the Astros-Mariners game caught a foul ball in his beer. Then, like any right-thinking person, he chugged it. No word on whether the mud the ball was rubbed with, the rosin it was later soiled with or the pine tar which marked it from the bat has killed said fan, but at least he will always have this moment (pic is a screencap from MLB.com).
What do we call this drink? A horsehide car bomb? A Rawlings boilermaker? Just give me a few minutes and we’ll figure this out. Then we’ll sell them for $6 a pop at crappy suburban sports bars all over America and retire as rich as Croesus.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 61
- The Lester trade is a win-win 105
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)