Apr 11, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT
A fan at the Astros-Mariners game caught a foul ball in his beer. Then, like any right-thinking person, he chugged it. No word on whether the mud the ball was rubbed with, the rosin it was later soiled with or the pine tar which marked it from the bat has killed said fan, but at least he will always have this moment (pic is a screencap from MLB.com).
What do we call this drink? A horsehide car bomb? A Rawlings boilermaker? Just give me a few minutes and we’ll figure this out. Then we’ll sell them for $6 a pop at crappy suburban sports bars all over America and retire as rich as Croesus.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)