Apr 11, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT
A fan at the Astros-Mariners game caught a foul ball in his beer. Then, like any right-thinking person, he chugged it. No word on whether the mud the ball was rubbed with, the rosin it was later soiled with or the pine tar which marked it from the bat has killed said fan, but at least he will always have this moment (pic is a screencap from MLB.com).
What do we call this drink? A horsehide car bomb? A Rawlings boilermaker? Just give me a few minutes and we’ll figure this out. Then we’ll sell them for $6 a pop at crappy suburban sports bars all over America and retire as rich as Croesus.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)