Apr 11, 2013, 8:22 AM EDT
A fan at the Astros-Mariners game caught a foul ball in his beer. Then, like any right-thinking person, he chugged it. No word on whether the mud the ball was rubbed with, the rosin it was later soiled with or the pine tar which marked it from the bat has killed said fan, but at least he will always have this moment (pic is a screencap from MLB.com).
What do we call this drink? A horsehide car bomb? A Rawlings boilermaker? Just give me a few minutes and we’ll figure this out. Then we’ll sell them for $6 a pop at crappy suburban sports bars all over America and retire as rich as Croesus.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)