Apr 11, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Here in Minnesota we’re known for living with some pretty brutal weather, but heavy snow in the middle of April is a bit much even for us.
Luckily the Twins are off today, but they begin a three-game series with the Mets at Target Field tomorrow night and … well, this is what the ballpark looked like this afternoon:
It’s currently 34 degrees and still snowing here and the forecast for tomorrow is a balmy 36 degrees with more snow. Because the Mets won’t be coming back to Minnesota again this season canceling the game could be tricky and it’s not supposed to be a whole lot warmer over the weekend.
(Photo courtesy of Twins president Dave St. Peter on Twitter.)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17