Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
This item from last night gives me a great opportunity to break out my old vinyl copy of James Taylor’s 1977 album “JT” and play some deep cuts!
#Nats just announced game won’t start until 7:20 p.m. because umpires were caught in traffic and didn’t get here in time.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) April 10, 2013
Or maybe I won’t break out “JT.” It’s really a “Dad Loves His Work” kind of morning. It used to be her town, dudes.
I’m reminded by NatsLady in this morning’s ATH comments that this is Cherry Blossom season. Anyone who has ever lived in the D.C. area knows what special kind of traffic hell that can create. Moreover, anyone who drives to Nats games knows that the park is in a location that lends itself to bottlenecks.
Still: give yourself some extra time, blue.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)