Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
This item from last night gives me a great opportunity to break out my old vinyl copy of James Taylor’s 1977 album “JT” and play some deep cuts!
#Nats just announced game won’t start until 7:20 p.m. because umpires were caught in traffic and didn’t get here in time.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) April 10, 2013
Or maybe I won’t break out “JT.” It’s really a “Dad Loves His Work” kind of morning. It used to be her town, dudes.
I’m reminded by NatsLady in this morning’s ATH comments that this is Cherry Blossom season. Anyone who has ever lived in the D.C. area knows what special kind of traffic hell that can create. Moreover, anyone who drives to Nats games knows that the park is in a location that lends itself to bottlenecks.
Still: give yourself some extra time, blue.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 16
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 26
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 26
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)