Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
This item from last night gives me a great opportunity to break out my old vinyl copy of James Taylor’s 1977 album “JT” and play some deep cuts!
#Nats just announced game won’t start until 7:20 p.m. because umpires were caught in traffic and didn’t get here in time.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) April 10, 2013
Or maybe I won’t break out “JT.” It’s really a “Dad Loves His Work” kind of morning. It used to be her town, dudes.
I’m reminded by NatsLady in this morning’s ATH comments that this is Cherry Blossom season. Anyone who has ever lived in the D.C. area knows what special kind of traffic hell that can create. Moreover, anyone who drives to Nats games knows that the park is in a location that lends itself to bottlenecks.
Still: give yourself some extra time, blue.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)