Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
This item from last night gives me a great opportunity to break out my old vinyl copy of James Taylor’s 1977 album “JT” and play some deep cuts!
#Nats just announced game won’t start until 7:20 p.m. because umpires were caught in traffic and didn’t get here in time.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) April 10, 2013
Or maybe I won’t break out “JT.” It’s really a “Dad Loves His Work” kind of morning. It used to be her town, dudes.
I’m reminded by NatsLady in this morning’s ATH comments that this is Cherry Blossom season. Anyone who has ever lived in the D.C. area knows what special kind of traffic hell that can create. Moreover, anyone who drives to Nats games knows that the park is in a location that lends itself to bottlenecks.
Still: give yourself some extra time, blue.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)