Apr 11, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
This item from last night gives me a great opportunity to break out my old vinyl copy of James Taylor’s 1977 album “JT” and play some deep cuts!
#Nats just announced game won’t start until 7:20 p.m. because umpires were caught in traffic and didn’t get here in time.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) April 10, 2013
Or maybe I won’t break out “JT.” It’s really a “Dad Loves His Work” kind of morning. It used to be her town, dudes.
I’m reminded by NatsLady in this morning’s ATH comments that this is Cherry Blossom season. Anyone who has ever lived in the D.C. area knows what special kind of traffic hell that can create. Moreover, anyone who drives to Nats games knows that the park is in a location that lends itself to bottlenecks.
Still: give yourself some extra time, blue.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 1
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 10
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)