Apr 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
I’d stay away from this one, people. You know what’s gonna happen: Van Slyke unloads it on you after years of appreciating values and then you’re stuck with 20 straight years of decline!
Located in Ladue, a suburb found roughly 15 minutes west of Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Van Slyke’s Tuscan-style estate offers 6 bedrooms, 9 baths and a total of 6,361 square feet. The home was designed by Dick Bush and built by St. Albans construction in 2002, and features three levels. A master suite with a sitting room, cook’s kitchen and an office highlight the first floor accommodations, while the second story features four bedroom suites. The bulk of the home’s amenities are, however, found on the finished lower level, where one will find a wood-paneled family room with a bar, exercise room, home theater and the aforementioned batting cage. Last, but certainly not least, Van Slyke’s luxe abode rounds out with a large patio area and a pool.
There could be a trade situation here, yes? Last week we posted about Jim Edmonds selling his Orange County home presumably because he’s moving to St. Louis for his broadcasting career. Van Slyke has a son who plays in the Dodgers organization, so maybe he’s going to L.A.? Edmonds house for Van Slyke house! WHO SAYS NO?
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)