Apr 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
I’d stay away from this one, people. You know what’s gonna happen: Van Slyke unloads it on you after years of appreciating values and then you’re stuck with 20 straight years of decline!
Located in Ladue, a suburb found roughly 15 minutes west of Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Van Slyke’s Tuscan-style estate offers 6 bedrooms, 9 baths and a total of 6,361 square feet. The home was designed by Dick Bush and built by St. Albans construction in 2002, and features three levels. A master suite with a sitting room, cook’s kitchen and an office highlight the first floor accommodations, while the second story features four bedroom suites. The bulk of the home’s amenities are, however, found on the finished lower level, where one will find a wood-paneled family room with a bar, exercise room, home theater and the aforementioned batting cage. Last, but certainly not least, Van Slyke’s luxe abode rounds out with a large patio area and a pool.
There could be a trade situation here, yes? Last week we posted about Jim Edmonds selling his Orange County home presumably because he’s moving to St. Louis for his broadcasting career. Van Slyke has a son who plays in the Dodgers organization, so maybe he’s going to L.A.? Edmonds house for Van Slyke house! WHO SAYS NO?
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)