Apr 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
I’d stay away from this one, people. You know what’s gonna happen: Van Slyke unloads it on you after years of appreciating values and then you’re stuck with 20 straight years of decline!
Located in Ladue, a suburb found roughly 15 minutes west of Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Van Slyke’s Tuscan-style estate offers 6 bedrooms, 9 baths and a total of 6,361 square feet. The home was designed by Dick Bush and built by St. Albans construction in 2002, and features three levels. A master suite with a sitting room, cook’s kitchen and an office highlight the first floor accommodations, while the second story features four bedroom suites. The bulk of the home’s amenities are, however, found on the finished lower level, where one will find a wood-paneled family room with a bar, exercise room, home theater and the aforementioned batting cage. Last, but certainly not least, Van Slyke’s luxe abode rounds out with a large patio area and a pool.
There could be a trade situation here, yes? Last week we posted about Jim Edmonds selling his Orange County home presumably because he’s moving to St. Louis for his broadcasting career. Van Slyke has a son who plays in the Dodgers organization, so maybe he’s going to L.A.? Edmonds house for Van Slyke house! WHO SAYS NO?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)