Apr 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
I’d stay away from this one, people. You know what’s gonna happen: Van Slyke unloads it on you after years of appreciating values and then you’re stuck with 20 straight years of decline!
Located in Ladue, a suburb found roughly 15 minutes west of Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Van Slyke’s Tuscan-style estate offers 6 bedrooms, 9 baths and a total of 6,361 square feet. The home was designed by Dick Bush and built by St. Albans construction in 2002, and features three levels. A master suite with a sitting room, cook’s kitchen and an office highlight the first floor accommodations, while the second story features four bedroom suites. The bulk of the home’s amenities are, however, found on the finished lower level, where one will find a wood-paneled family room with a bar, exercise room, home theater and the aforementioned batting cage. Last, but certainly not least, Van Slyke’s luxe abode rounds out with a large patio area and a pool.
There could be a trade situation here, yes? Last week we posted about Jim Edmonds selling his Orange County home presumably because he’s moving to St. Louis for his broadcasting career. Van Slyke has a son who plays in the Dodgers organization, so maybe he’s going to L.A.? Edmonds house for Van Slyke house! WHO SAYS NO?
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (198)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)