Apr 11, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
I’d stay away from this one, people. You know what’s gonna happen: Van Slyke unloads it on you after years of appreciating values and then you’re stuck with 20 straight years of decline!
Located in Ladue, a suburb found roughly 15 minutes west of Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals, the Van Slyke’s Tuscan-style estate offers 6 bedrooms, 9 baths and a total of 6,361 square feet. The home was designed by Dick Bush and built by St. Albans construction in 2002, and features three levels. A master suite with a sitting room, cook’s kitchen and an office highlight the first floor accommodations, while the second story features four bedroom suites. The bulk of the home’s amenities are, however, found on the finished lower level, where one will find a wood-paneled family room with a bar, exercise room, home theater and the aforementioned batting cage. Last, but certainly not least, Van Slyke’s luxe abode rounds out with a large patio area and a pool.
There could be a trade situation here, yes? Last week we posted about Jim Edmonds selling his Orange County home presumably because he’s moving to St. Louis for his broadcasting career. Van Slyke has a son who plays in the Dodgers organization, so maybe he’s going to L.A.? Edmonds house for Van Slyke house! WHO SAYS NO?
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)