Apr 12, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine sure is a busy guy.
He’s the athletic director at Sacred Heart University, he’s working a bunch of Mets games for SNY television in New York, he’s on NBC Sports Radio, he’s doing commercials mocking his firing by the Red Sox for CBS Sports fantasy baseball, and now he’s writing a book.
Gaylee Fee of the Boston Herald reports that Valentine has signed a deal with big-time publisher Simon and Schuster to write a book titled “Valentine’s Way.” According to Free it’ll be a memoir and includes “his perspective on last season with the Red Sox.” Fun!
Also, has any book title ever set itself up for easy, never-ending jokes more than “Valentine’s Way”?
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (178)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)