Apr 12, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine sure is a busy guy.
He’s the athletic director at Sacred Heart University, he’s working a bunch of Mets games for SNY television in New York, he’s on NBC Sports Radio, he’s doing commercials mocking his firing by the Red Sox for CBS Sports fantasy baseball, and now he’s writing a book.
Gaylee Fee of the Boston Herald reports that Valentine has signed a deal with big-time publisher Simon and Schuster to write a book titled “Valentine’s Way.” According to Free it’ll be a memoir and includes “his perspective on last season with the Red Sox.” Fun!
Also, has any book title ever set itself up for easy, never-ending jokes more than “Valentine’s Way”?
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 21
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 11
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)