Apr 12, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine sure is a busy guy.
He’s the athletic director at Sacred Heart University, he’s working a bunch of Mets games for SNY television in New York, he’s on NBC Sports Radio, he’s doing commercials mocking his firing by the Red Sox for CBS Sports fantasy baseball, and now he’s writing a book.
Gaylee Fee of the Boston Herald reports that Valentine has signed a deal with big-time publisher Simon and Schuster to write a book titled “Valentine’s Way.” According to Free it’ll be a memoir and includes “his perspective on last season with the Red Sox.” Fun!
Also, has any book title ever set itself up for easy, never-ending jokes more than “Valentine’s Way”?
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)