Apr 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Fun times: watch as Brian Kenny nearly blows a gasket responding to Hawk Harrelson’s ignorant comments on sabermetrics.
I think Hawk shows his hand when he says that sabermetrics “got a lot of people fired.” Baseball is a business and a meritocracy. Ever consider that maybe those people deserved to be fired? Or does Harrelson think that baseball teams are firing people who have good useful ideas that help the teams win all willy-nilly?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)