Apr 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Fun times: watch as Brian Kenny nearly blows a gasket responding to Hawk Harrelson’s ignorant comments on sabermetrics.
I think Hawk shows his hand when he says that sabermetrics “got a lot of people fired.” Baseball is a business and a meritocracy. Ever consider that maybe those people deserved to be fired? Or does Harrelson think that baseball teams are firing people who have good useful ideas that help the teams win all willy-nilly?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)