Apr 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Fun times: watch as Brian Kenny nearly blows a gasket responding to Hawk Harrelson’s ignorant comments on sabermetrics.
I think Hawk shows his hand when he says that sabermetrics “got a lot of people fired.” Baseball is a business and a meritocracy. Ever consider that maybe those people deserved to be fired? Or does Harrelson think that baseball teams are firing people who have good useful ideas that help the teams win all willy-nilly?
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)