Apr 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Initial reports had Brian Roberts potentially returning from the disabled list after just two weeks, but “two weeks” and “ruptured knee tendon” never seemed to match up and sure enough he’ll be out longer.
His injury is now being called merely a “right hamstring strain” and Roberts is eligible to come off the DL on April 19, but manager Buck Showalter told reporters that “is going to be a challenge for him.”
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that Roberts “is walking without a limp but has yet to resume baseball activities” eight days after suffering the injury sliding into second base against the Rays. Ryan Flaherty will continue to be the primary fill-in at second base.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8