Apr 12, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Initial reports had Brian Roberts potentially returning from the disabled list after just two weeks, but “two weeks” and “ruptured knee tendon” never seemed to match up and sure enough he’ll be out longer.
His injury is now being called merely a “right hamstring strain” and Roberts is eligible to come off the DL on April 19, but manager Buck Showalter told reporters that “is going to be a challenge for him.”
Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that Roberts “is walking without a limp but has yet to resume baseball activities” eight days after suffering the injury sliding into second base against the Rays. Ryan Flaherty will continue to be the primary fill-in at second base.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)