Apr 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
This in from MLB HQ:
Cleveland Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco has received an eight-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at and hitting Kevin Youkilis of the New York Yankees in the top of the fourth inning of the Tuesday, April 9th game at Progressive Field in Cleveland.
Carrasco was just sent down to Triple-A, of course, so this is something to think about in the future. Of course, he has experience with this. He started the season on suspension for drilling a guy two years ago. Thus is the plight of a guy who bounces back and forth between the big leagues and the minors.
Eight games seems like a lot for a plunking. I wonder if this is the league’s way of foreshadowing a stiffer than expected suspension for Carlos Quentin.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)