Apr 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
This in from MLB HQ:
Cleveland Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco has received an eight-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at and hitting Kevin Youkilis of the New York Yankees in the top of the fourth inning of the Tuesday, April 9th game at Progressive Field in Cleveland.
Carrasco was just sent down to Triple-A, of course, so this is something to think about in the future. Of course, he has experience with this. He started the season on suspension for drilling a guy two years ago. Thus is the plight of a guy who bounces back and forth between the big leagues and the minors.
Eight games seems like a lot for a plunking. I wonder if this is the league’s way of foreshadowing a stiffer than expected suspension for Carlos Quentin.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)