Apr 12, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
This in from MLB HQ:
Cleveland Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco has received an eight-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for intentionally throwing at and hitting Kevin Youkilis of the New York Yankees in the top of the fourth inning of the Tuesday, April 9th game at Progressive Field in Cleveland.
Carrasco was just sent down to Triple-A, of course, so this is something to think about in the future. Of course, he has experience with this. He started the season on suspension for drilling a guy two years ago. Thus is the plight of a guy who bounces back and forth between the big leagues and the minors.
Eight games seems like a lot for a plunking. I wonder if this is the league’s way of foreshadowing a stiffer than expected suspension for Carlos Quentin.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)