Apr 12, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Young, who normally does anything he can to avoid giving useful quotes to anyone, actually talked to Berry a little bit about his status coming back from ankle surgery:
I felt fine, glad to get back out there. It’s extended [spring camp] and everything, but it’s fun. It brings a lot more out of you, even though you’re not using to playing in 1 o’clock games every day outside spring training.
General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. was in attendance watching Young, but this time he was the one who declined to give any comments. Either way, Young is seemingly pretty close to joining the Phillies’ lineup and he’ll be playing right field whenever that happens, which will mean reduced playing time for Laynce Nix and John Mayberry.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69