Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured Derek Jeter, was hit on the right wrist by Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. Nunez stayed in the game initially to run the bases, but was eventually lifted to have his wrist examined.
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli reports that x-rays on the wrist were negative, which is certainly good news for the Yankees.
Nunez was hitting .250 in 23 trips to the plate entering tonight’s game. If Nunez needs time off, Jayson Nix is behind him on the depth chart. Jeter could return some time in early May.
- The Lester trade is a win-win 55
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 121
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 39
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)