Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured Derek Jeter, was hit on the right wrist by Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. Nunez stayed in the game initially to run the bases, but was eventually lifted to have his wrist examined.
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli reports that x-rays on the wrist were negative, which is certainly good news for the Yankees.
Nunez was hitting .250 in 23 trips to the plate entering tonight’s game. If Nunez needs time off, Jayson Nix is behind him on the depth chart. Jeter could return some time in early May.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)