Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Yankees shortstop Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured Derek Jeter, was hit on the right wrist by Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. Nunez stayed in the game initially to run the bases, but was eventually lifted to have his wrist examined.
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli reports that x-rays on the wrist were negative, which is certainly good news for the Yankees.
Nunez was hitting .250 in 23 trips to the plate entering tonight’s game. If Nunez needs time off, Jayson Nix is behind him on the depth chart. Jeter could return some time in early May.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (119)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)