Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured Derek Jeter, was hit on the right wrist by Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. Nunez stayed in the game initially to run the bases, but was eventually lifted to have his wrist examined.
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli reports that x-rays on the wrist were negative, which is certainly good news for the Yankees.
Nunez was hitting .250 in 23 trips to the plate entering tonight’s game. If Nunez needs time off, Jayson Nix is behind him on the depth chart. Jeter could return some time in early May.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 59
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11