Apr 12, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Yankees shortstop Eduardo Nunez, filling in for the injured Derek Jeter, was hit on the right wrist by Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez. Nunez stayed in the game initially to run the bases, but was eventually lifted to have his wrist examined.
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli reports that x-rays on the wrist were negative, which is certainly good news for the Yankees.
Nunez was hitting .250 in 23 trips to the plate entering tonight’s game. If Nunez needs time off, Jayson Nix is behind him on the depth chart. Jeter could return some time in early May.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (118)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)