Apr 12, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Miami Marlins will be opening up their series against the Philadelphia Phillies without their best — and arguably only — slugger as Giancarlo Stanton will be sitting out due to a sore right shoulder, according to Joe Frisaro.
Stanton has had a slow start to the season, as he is hitting just .167 with two extra-base hits, both doubles.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)