Apr 12, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Jason Giambi made the Indians out of spring training, but began the season on the disabled list with a strained lower back.
Giambi was signed to be a bench bat and at age 42 he’s not exactly suited for regular playing time anyway, but if Drew Stubbs continues to struggle the Indians could get Giambi into the lineup a few times per week by shifting some guys around. Giambi hasn’t had more than 225 plate appearances in a season since 2009, but he posted a .370 on-base percentage and .444 slugging percentage from 2010-2012.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20