Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
In the sixth inning of tonight’s game against the Royals, Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes slid into second base awkwardly on a stolen base attempt. He immediately grabbed for his ankle, then spent most of the time writhing in pain in tears until he could be carted off the field.
The stolen base was Reyes’ fifth of the year and he is hitting .395 to boot. The Jays, off to a disappointing 3-6 start, will use Maicer Izturis at shortstop in the interim.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27