Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
In the sixth inning of tonight’s game against the Royals, Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes slid into second base awkwardly on a stolen base attempt. He immediately grabbed for his ankle, then spent most of the time writhing in pain in tears until he could be carted off the field.
The stolen base was Reyes’ fifth of the year and he is hitting .395 to boot. The Jays, off to a disappointing 3-6 start, will use Maicer Izturis at shortstop in the interim.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)