Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
In the sixth inning of tonight’s game against the Royals, Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes slid into second base awkwardly on a stolen base attempt. He immediately grabbed for his ankle, then spent most of the time writhing in pain in tears until he could be carted off the field.
The stolen base was Reyes’ fifth of the year and he is hitting .395 to boot. The Jays, off to a disappointing 3-6 start, will use Maicer Izturis at shortstop in the interim.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)