Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
In the sixth inning of tonight’s game against the Royals, Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes slid into second base awkwardly on a stolen base attempt. He immediately grabbed for his ankle, then spent most of the time writhing in pain in tears until he could be carted off the field.
The stolen base was Reyes’ fifth of the year and he is hitting .395 to boot. The Jays, off to a disappointing 3-6 start, will use Maicer Izturis at shortstop in the interim.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)