Apr 12, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
In the sixth inning of tonight’s game against the Royals, Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes slid into second base awkwardly on a stolen base attempt. He immediately grabbed for his ankle, then spent most of the time writhing in pain in tears until he could be carted off the field.
The stolen base was Reyes’ fifth of the year and he is hitting .395 to boot. The Jays, off to a disappointing 3-6 start, will use Maicer Izturis at shortstop in the interim.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)