Apr 12, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
As you may remember, Wizards point guard John Wall unleashed one of the worst first pitches in history at Nationals Park two years ago, spiking the ball barely in front of the mound. The Nationals invited him back anyway, giving him a chance to make amends on Thursday.
Wall, for what it’s worth, practiced some hard tosses on a basketball court, getting some tips along the way. Still, he wasn’t willing to risk embarrassment again. He opted to go with the lob prior to the game versus the White Sox.
Perhaps he would have felt more comfortable with Chris Young as his target behind the plate.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)