Apr 12, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
As you may remember, Wizards point guard John Wall unleashed one of the worst first pitches in history at Nationals Park two years ago, spiking the ball barely in front of the mound. The Nationals invited him back anyway, giving him a chance to make amends on Thursday.
Wall, for what it’s worth, practiced some hard tosses on a basketball court, getting some tips along the way. Still, he wasn’t willing to risk embarrassment again. He opted to go with the lob prior to the game versus the White Sox.
Perhaps he would have felt more comfortable with Chris Young as his target behind the plate.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17