Apr 12, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
The Orioles appeared to be mounting a rally in the top of the eighth after surrendering three runs to the Yankees in the bottom of the seventh. Alexi Casilla and Nick Markakis both singled to put runners on first and second with no outs, but after a lengthy battle between starter C.C. Sabathia and third baseman Manny Machado, the Yankees were treated to a triple play to maintain their 5-2 lead. It was a little confusing. The recap from MLB.com’s Gameday:
Second baseman Robinson Cano to shortstop Jayson Nix to third baseman Kevin Youkilis to shortstop Jayson Nix to third baseman Kevin Youkilis to first baseman Lyle Overbay to second baseman Robinson Cano. Alexi Casilla out at 3rd. Nick Markakis out at 2nd.
That is 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 if you’re scoring the game at home.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29