Apr 12, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
The Orioles appeared to be mounting a rally in the top of the eighth after surrendering three runs to the Yankees in the bottom of the seventh. Alexi Casilla and Nick Markakis both singled to put runners on first and second with no outs, but after a lengthy battle between starter C.C. Sabathia and third baseman Manny Machado, the Yankees were treated to a triple play to maintain their 5-2 lead. It was a little confusing. The recap from MLB.com’s Gameday:
Second baseman Robinson Cano to shortstop Jayson Nix to third baseman Kevin Youkilis to shortstop Jayson Nix to third baseman Kevin Youkilis to first baseman Lyle Overbay to second baseman Robinson Cano. Alexi Casilla out at 3rd. Nick Markakis out at 2nd.
That is 4-6-5-6-5-3-4 if you’re scoring the game at home.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)